Agoria understands the importance of the privacy of its customers and the protection of their personal data. Present policy outlines the handling and processing of the personal data we collect.
This website is operated by Agoria . It is important for us that we create and maintain an environment where our customers feel comfortable that their information will not be misused.
We comply with the applicable data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and national data protection laws. These data protection laws relate to the protection of your personal data and grants you rights in respect of your personal data.
This policy aims to tell you which personal data we collect from you and how your data will be used following the use of our website to try to ensure you the proper handling of your data.
2. What personal data is collected?
You do not have to provide us with any personal data in order to use most of our website.
For the purposes set out below, Agoria may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Surname and first name, title, address;
- Contact details (e-mail, telephone);
- Company and function.
You may also provide additional/optional information when you fill out forms on our website or when we have contact with you (by telephone, e-mail, at trade fairs, during seminars, meetings or events).
We may also collect and process information that we obtain through our website or through the devices you use. This may include:
- location data (location information collected through social media or IP addresses of your device; GPS signals sent by a mobile device);
- data we receive from other websites, e.g. when you ask us to link up with your Facebook account;
- data (identification data, e-mail, areas of interest, country (city, region)) that we receive via social media campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
Agoria may also collect publicly available information to verify the data we have collected previously and to manage and expand our activities.
3. Why is this information collected?
Agoria ccollects the aforementioned information to get an idea of your needs and to offer you a better service, and more specifically for the following purposes:
- to respond to your (online) questions about our products or services, to provide you with information about our products, and to track online offers;
- to deliver the products and services you ordered, such as:
- expert advice (individual services);
- collective services by informing you about developments and news important to the technology sector via newsletters; white papers / guides / business guides / publications; seminars, information sessions and Agoria Academies; events, etc.
- templates, information notes, etc.
- online tools: XY Tool; Cafeteria Plan tool; GDPR Compass; calculation modules; well-being self-assessment tool; jobfit self-assessment tool; risk analysis tool; office waste prevention tool; reach compliance tool; CE Marking tool; Digital Journey Tracker; Connect & Deal; DigiCoach, etc.
- Setting up business and online platforms to assist Agoria's members and customers in further developing their company and business:
- Online learning environment (Agoria Academy);
- Online matchmaking platform (e.g. Pick my Skills, Connect & Deal);
- Organising events composed of members or customers from certain sectors with a view to creating networks and commercial activities.
- Organising events, seminars and trade fairs to highlight and promote the technology sector (e.g. seminars by the Services Department, events by the business clubs, eGov Awards, Smart Cities Awards and events, etc.)
- to check your identity and financial details for payment of our products and services;
- to improve our products and services;
- to provide you with customised information and, based on your interests and browsing history on our website, to propose targeted Agoria services that we think would interest you;
- to investigate complaints about our products or services or our website;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and compliance requirements;
- to analyse and monitor account usage for the purposes of preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, fraudulent misrepresentation, security incidents and crime to the appropriate authorities;
- to periodically send e-mails with offers of products and services, special offers or other information which we think might be of interest to you;
- through social media campaigns, Agoria will obtain your personal data through the social media channel. These campaigns allow Agoria to display personalised advertisements. When clicking on advertisements, Agoria can request the above-mentioned data via the social media channel. Agoria can contact you on the basis of your interests (e.g. Be The Change, GDPR Compass, Digitalisation, Manufacturing Industry of Tomorrow, etc.), so that we can better adapt our services to your questions and/or needs;
- to contact you from time to time (via e-mail or telephone) for specific market research purposes;
- To process your personal data for specific purposes as stated on specific forms on our website, in written communications or by e-mail;
4. How will your information be used and shared
Agoria may share your personal data:
- with companies in our group and/or our affiliates; or
- with any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook or any other social media site if you have asked us to connect with your account; or
We can also share your personal data, based on our legitimate interest, to third party providers who help us with our products and services. Examples include hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing
marketing assistance (Hubspot, Network app, Facebookpixel), and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal data but only when strictly necessary to perform their functions and they may not use that data for any other purpose.
Your personal data will not be sold or rented to third parties.
We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interests of security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where we have entities or affiliates. For example, we may respond to a request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority. We may also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, security, people and other rights or interests.
In the event that the business of Agoria is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be transferred to the new owners of the business. In this case, we will implement the appropriate safeguards to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. However, use of your personal information will remain subject to this Policy.
5. Transfer of your personal data
DATA TRANSFER OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We may transfer your personal data to third party providers who are located in third countries (outside the European Economic Area (EEA)), i.e. America since we use hubspot. This data transfer outside the EEA is legitimate if the recipient of the data is located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection following a European Commission adequacy decision. Some of these countries may not have equivalent data protection legislation to protection the use of your personal data. In this case, we have assessed whether
appropriate safeguards as within the EU are possible by, for example, executing standard contractual clauses. In particular cases, we will obtain your preliminary consent for transferring your personal data outside the EEA. For more information regarding the transfer of information you can follow the procedure as described in the Article on the ‘Rights of the Data Subjects’.
text files which contain small pieces of information,sent by a web server to a web browser which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page. They will be stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. Cookies may contain identifying information. Cookies enable us to gain information about the use of its websites. This information may be analysed by third parties on our behalf.
a. We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. For example, we use example Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies such as Hubspot to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
We also use third party services such as Google Analytics to collect information about visitors to our websites. This information is aggregated to determine number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, etc. We use
this information to measure site usage, as well as to improve the content and value of our site. More information about the way Google processes your information is here – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. If you wish to disable Google Analytics on your browser: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en