Wat is blockchain precies? Waarvoor gebruikt China de technologie? En welke concrete kansen zijn er in die context weggelegd voor Europese kmo's? Schrijf u in voor dit webinar, op 4 maart, van de Belgisch-Chinese Kamer van Koophandel (BCECC), Eurochambres en het EU SME Centre (uitnodiging in het Engels).
Since its creation 13 years ago, blockchain technology has increasingly gained in popularity, although there is still a lot of misunderstanding around it. It was originally invented to serve as a public transaction ledger for the bitcoin cryptocurrency and has now become a real game changer, as its decentralized structure removes the need for trusted third parties.
China is the country with the largest number of blockchain patents in the world today and blockchain technologies are expected to grow even more, since President Xi Jinping has endorsed its further development at the end of 2019.
But what exactly is blockchain, and what are the actual implications for European SMEs? Where does China stand and what is China using the technology for? Join us at the online workshop “Blockchain technologies in China: Opportunities for European SMEs” on 4 March 2021 at 14:00 CET, organized by the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC), Eurochambres and the EU SME Centre. This 3-hour workshop will discuss the origins and use of blockchain technology and provide practical information for companies who are interested in using the technology in China in the future.
- 14:00–14:05: Welcoming words by Mr. Bernard Dewit, Chairman of the BCECC
- 14:05–14:10: Presentation of the EU SME Centre and the speakers
- 14:10–14:30: Module I: Introduction to Blockchain ─ Brief story, basic concept, structure and types of blockchain
- 14:30–15:00: Module II: ─ Blockchain vs Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency ─ China's stance on the issue
- 15:00–15:25: Module III: An overview of potentials on a wide range of Blockchain applications beyond Bitcoin/cryptos
- 15:25–15:30: 5 min break
- 15:30–16:00: Module IV: Current development of Blockchain in China: ─ Blockchain policy ─ Major players and projects
- 16:00–16:25: Module V: Outlook on future of Blockchain, its potential impact in China and for the world
- 16:25–16:50: Module VI: Blockchain technology creates new opportunities for European SMEs: Case studies and real successful cases in both Europe and China
- 16:50–17:00: Closing remarks and Q&A session
Free of charge, but registration is mandatory
The webinar will be held on Zoom.
donderdag 4 maart 2021, 14:00 - 17:00