Startups.be, Agoria en Close the Gap nodigen u uit om van 24 tot 28 maart mee te gaan op een 'Tech Go Global Mission' naar Rwanda en Oeganda. Dit is een exclusieve gelegenheid om kennis te maken met de vele technologische start-ups in Kigali en Kampala en nieuwe samenwerkingen op te starten. Bekijk hier de uitnodiging (in het Engels) en reserveer snel uw plaats!
Are you interested in social impact? Do you develop or sell applications for development cooperation? Or are just interested in the African Market?
A mission focused on Partnerships and Social Impact
Close the Gap, Startups.be and Agoria join forces to organize the third tech mission as part of the Digital for Development program. From March 24 to 28, 2020, we will discover Rwanda and Uganda’s booming tech startup ecosystem. Together with a delegation of Belgian startups, scaleups, entrepreneurs, NGOs, academics and press members, we will explore how Rwanda and Uganda embrace and amplify technology for the better of their citizens and ignite partnerships .
This five-day mission is the ideal opportunity to mingle, collaborate and set-up partnerships with local business leaders and entrepreneurs who know best what Rwanda and Uganda have to offer for the future of tech development in Africa as well as on a global scale.
This mission is particularly relevant for you if you are active in Healthtech, Telecommunications, FinTech, AgroTech, Drones or AI.
What is there to see?
Some of the highlights of this exciting program:
- Zipline's revolutionary approach to healthcare, where they provide blood and medicines to remote areas by drones.
- A co-creation session with CcHub, together with local Rwandan startups hosted by CEO Bosun Tijani. CcHub is one of Africa's largest networks of Hubs supporting innovation and entrepreneurship.
- A 'reverse pitching'-session at Red Cross Kigali where participating Belgian NGOs will pitch their digital needs and showcase their D4D initiatives.
- A visit to the newly established Carnegie Mellon University and its industry lab, located in the Kigali Innovation City.
- A session at the Volkswagen assembly plant to discover their e-mobility program.
- A visit to the Mara Phones plant, the first smartphone 100% produced in Africa.
- A visit to the Kampala Innovation Village, combined with a B2B session co-organized with FIT, AWEX and hub.brussels
- A closing session at Design Hub in Kampala, organised by Enabel about "Private Sector Development" pointing out business opportunities in Africa.
- Receptions hosted by the Belgian Embassies in both Kigali and Kampala
Click here for more information on the program and registration formalities. Registrations are open until February.