Bent u op zoek naar bedrijfsopportuniteiten bij een prestigieuze onderneming? Hebt u de Europese organisatie voor kernonderzoek CERN al eens overwogen? Op 19 en 20 maart kunt u tijdens een bezoek aan het CERN de leden van dit bekende laboratorium in Genève ontmoeten. Bekijk hier de uitnodiging (in het Engels) en reserveer snel uw plaats.
This visit to CERN fits the goals of "Big Science Belgium", the Belgian platform which aims to bring technology companies in closer contact with Europe's main Big Science infrastructures and Big Science technology communities.
More about Big Science Belgium (Powered by Agoria)
1. What is Big Science?
The term "Big Science" is used to describe a type of science that emerged during and after the Second World War, requiring large investments in infrastructure and technology supplies. Typically these infrastructures are being financed mainly by governments or international governmental groups.
2. What is Big Science Belgium?
Big Science Belgium is a platform operated by Agoria, in close collaboration with all existing Belgian ILO's (Industry Liaison Officers) in charge of one or more of these specific technology communities. It intends to become an international support platform and hub for the (international) promotion of Belgian technology competences and companies for the markets of "Big Science".
Actions are set up to:
- get Belgian technology suppliers better known by these scientific communities via collective and individual promotion actions, both by physical contacts and electronic means,
- create awareness to Belgian technological companies on the opportunities of the Big Science market.
3. Target markets and technologies for Big Science Belgium
The target markets for this hub include, at the present moment:
ESO, ESA, MYRRHA, ITER, ESRF-ILL, ESS, CERN. Other markets can be targeted as well on a case by case base and according to relevant phases in specific Big Science projects.
Target technologies typically include products and services in the field of
- Electrical, electromechanical and RF systems
- Nuclear technologies
- High precision and large mechanical components
- Remote handling systems for hazardous environment
- Diagnostics and detectors
- Cryogenic technology
- Vacuum and leak detection technologies
- Instrumentation, Control and CODAC
- Engineering methodologies and tools
- Safety systems, licensing and protection of hazardous installations,
- Access control, fire and gas detection
- Basic material technologies, manufacturing and assembly technologies
- Superconductivity and superconducting magnets
- Information and communication technologies
More about CERN Procurements
CERN, Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (Belgium = founding member)
Procurement for Industry
In the future, registration on this platform will be compulsory to receive CERN orders, manage the delivery of supplies to CERN, and send invoices to CERN for processing.
By following the link above, you will be able to:
1) Register your firm on CERN's e-Procurement platform;
2) Log in and manage your firm's profile and contact details;
For help and support on registering your firm, please consult the video tutorial available at https://videos.cern.ch/record/2299878
If you have any further questions, please contact CERN's eProcurement platform support team at: Supplierdb.Support@cern.ch.
How to register for the CERN visit on March 19-20
- Companies in Flanders: registration before 6th of February
Contact FIT for this visit:
Contacteer Steve Mattens:
T: +32 2 504 87 65
- Companies in Wallonia: registration before 7th of February
Contact AWEX for this visit:
Contacteer Claire Lammens:
- Companies in Brussels: registration before 16th of February
Economische en Handelsattaché voor de Europese instellingen
Tel.: +32 2/233.03.56
Tel.: +32 2.800.40.46
Useful information about Belgium in CERN
Belgian contacts in Swiss for CERN:
Philippe Delcourt: +41 22 788 48 60
Michel Patteet: +41 44 280 34 35
Big Science Belgium (Agoria)
- Christian Dierick
Lead Expert Energy
ITER Industry Liaison Officer Belgium
tel: +32 (0) 2 706 79 55
mobile: +32 (0) 485 91 46 75
dinsdag 19 maart 2019 - woensdag 20 maart 2019