Enabel nodigt u uit voor een avond met interessante discussies over de toegevoegde waarde van Digital for Development (D4D). Grijp deze kans om kennis te maken met de mensen die deze spannende projecten realiseren.
The winner of the international Hack the Goals contest will be announced during the Award Ceremony on the 16th of November 2018.
Become a digital visionary who supports Digital for Development and join the event by registering below!
Minister De Croo and Belgium's partners in Digital for Development will open the evening with keynote speeches on the future of digital technologies for sustainable development. The keynotes will be followed by an inspiring talk by Isaya Yunge, digital entrepreneur and founder of Somaapps technologies; who will share with us his insights on the promise of Digital for Development in Sub-Saharan Africa.
High-level panel discussion
More and more countries are supporting Digital for Development: Can digital technologies accelerate the achievement of the SDGs? Or is this just an expensive trend? How disruptive is Digital for Development, and which risks should we address? We welcome you to reflect with us during an animated panel discussion with renowned digital innovators and development experts.
Design concepts expo & Winning team
The teams who have won the local competitions and are nominated for the international prize will present their design concepts at the start and end of the evening. Join them to learn more about their innovative ideas and how they want to take their plans further!
The winning team will be announced during the evening by the jury and receive the prize of € 5 000 from minister De Croo. The prize will allow them to further develop their design concept into a functioning prototype.
- 16:00 > 17:00: Arrival & expo of nominated design concepts - Drinks reception
- 17:00 > 17:30: Keynote speeches:
- Deputy prime minister and minister of Development Cooperation and Digital Agenda, Alexander De Croo;
- Vice-president of the European Commission (Digital Single Market), Andrus Ansip;
- Managing director of Enabel, Jean Van Wetter
- 17:30 > 18:00: Announcement of Hack the Goals winner by the jury & award ceremony with minister De Croo
- 18:00 > 18:15: Wehubit: Announcement of selected projects and future opportunities
- 18:15 > 19:15: Panel discussion: Digital for Development - Disruptive innovation or just an expensive trend?
- 19:15 > 20:00: Networking & expo of nominated design concepts - Drinks reception & walking diner
- 20:00 > 21:00: Networking & closing concert - Drinks reception
Minister De Croo
Belgium is an absolute leader in promoting new technologies and digitisation for sustainable development. First and foremost because Alexander De Croo, the minister of Development Cooperation, is an enthusiastic Digital for Development (D4D) advocate.
With 'Hack the Goals' Belgium repeats the importance and potential of D4D for the Sustainable Development Goals.
Deputy prime minister and minister of Development Cooperation and of the Digital Agenda, Alexander De Croo, will open the event. The ensuing reception is an occasion for networking and exploring creative D4D partnerships!
vrijdag 16 november 2018, 16:00 - 21:00