Agoria Academy: Material efficiency aspects for Ecodesign – Standardisation overview
In the past, standardization work concentrated on efficiency of products during their use phase. Due to the Circular Economy Action Plan standards were developed on material efficiency that would establish future ecodesign requirements on, amongst others, durability, reparability and recyclability of products, thus introducing a new focus on material efficiency during the design phase.
The purpose of this seminar is to familiarise you with Material Efficiency standards in Europe, in particular the EN 4555X collection, jointly developed by CEN and CENELEC (JTC 10). The seminar will introduce the concept of Material Efficiency within the larger concept of Ecodesign and the Circular Economy.
The seminar will be in English and the speaker is Jean-Luc Detrez from Decalogics, Convenor of CEN-CLC/JTC 10 WG1.
R&D-managers, project managers, project ingineers, designers and policy makers and other parties interested on how to address material efficiency aspects of energy-related products.
After this webinar, you will have knowledge of:
· Material efficiency in the context of Ecodesign
· Existing standardization efforts in the field of Material Efficiency
· The Standardization Request M/543
· The CEN/CENELEC JTC10, its mission, its structure
· The material efficiency objectives
· The material Efficiency standards pillars:
· The ability to be repaired, upgraded and reused
· The ability to be remanufactured
· Recyclability and recoverability
· The recycled material content
· The reused components content
· A Critical Raw Materials declaration
· Information of Material Efficiency aspects
· The strengths and weaknesses of existing deliverables
· The future developments
Language : English
Date: Thursday 25 November 2021 - 9:00-16:00
Participation fee per person, excl. VAT : member companies : €330 -non-members : €660.
Venue : Bluepoint Brussels, Bd. A. Reyerslaan 80, 1030 Brussels
Contactperson : Stephan Belaen – firstname.lastname@example.org