The Mobility and Vehicle Technology business cluster brings together companies that supply technological products or components which are used in vehicles, as well as companies that provide infrastructure, solutions and applications for the transport and mobility system of tomorrow. The operation of this business cluster is both sector-oriented (Automotive suppliers, Cars, Commercial Vehicles, Gears and Transmissions, Bicycles, Ship Technologies, Agricultural Machinery, Construction Equipment ...) and cross-sectoral, with specific operations around 'Automotive N°1', 'Smart Mobility', 'Smart Farming' and 'Smart Railway'.
The key areas of this business cluster are as follows:
We are working on the transition to more sustainable and connected products and are thus helping to attain societal goals regarding the climate and the environment. The term 'vehicles' should be interpreted broadly in this context and includes road vehicles as well as water transport vessels, railway carriages, agricultural machinery and construction equipment.
Specific focus on sectors
In addition to some cross-sector key areas, we also pay focus on specific sectors and their respective needs:
- Automotive suppliers
- Cars, Commercial Vehicles
- Gears and Transmissions
- Ship Technologies
- Agricultural Machinery
- Construction Equipment
A business group operates for our key areas and for these different sectors where topics such as the economy and market trends , standardization, technical regulations, training, international trade, technological trends, etc. are discussed.
In this business cluster, we work on the following overarching topics:
- Electrification & Charging infrastructure
- Clean and low emission engine technologies
- Automated and connected vehicles
- Battery & Hydrogen Technologies
- C-its and smart infrastructure
These topics pertain to common technological trends and developments that represent both challenges and opportunities and around which overarching activities are set up.
The core activities of this cluster are:
1. Information & inspiration
- Agoria inspires by inviting external speakers and specialists and by offering a platform to its members.
- Agoria identifies business opportunities for members companies regarding mobility and vehicle technology.
- Agoria follows the different relevant regulations per sector.
- Agoria and its members identify possible obstacles regarding legislation and regulations.
- Agoria and its members devise joint positions for and provide concrete advice to various authorities.
- In this way, we promote a favourable business climate and the roll-out of innovative technological solutions.
- By organizing network moments and regular workgroup meetings, Agoria facilitates direct contacts and exchange of experience by and between its members.
- The Code of Conduct is always complied with as regards competition law and the GDPR.