The Building technologies business cluster brings together manufacturers and suppliers of technological products that are used in both residential and non-residential buildings. This cluster is both sector-oriented (ventilation, heating, cooling, electrical installation material, windows and doors, lighting, lifts, office and warehouse equipment, safety and security) and cross-sectoral, with projects on 'Climate-neutral, comfortable and safe building' and 'smart buildings'.
The overarching areas on which the business groups focus are as follows:
- Technological innovations
- Sustainability and climate-neutral building
- Comfort and health
- Digitalization and smart buildings
- Building technology and renovation
- Energy performance policy for buildings
- Safety and security
The strategic developments in these key areas are monitored through the Building Technology Committee 2.0.
The sector-specific operations of this cluster is carried out on an ad hoc basis and is focused on a thematic approach. This targeted operation has the advantage of providing an answer to specific needs from the various sectors:
- Individual and collective heating
- Windows, doors and facades
- Building automation
- Electrical installation equipment
- Office and warehouse equipment
Het Building Technology Committee 2.0 monitors developments in these sector groups.
The core activities of this cluster are:
1. Information & inspiration
- Agoria follows the broad spectrum of building product regulations, at the European, national and regional levels.
- Agoria provides advice about building technology solutions in renovation projects.
- Agoria is the information platform on building technology and related market developments.
- Agoria brings its expertise to bear so as to contribute to balanced and neutral policy-making about technology in the building sector.
- Agoria and its members devise positions for and provide concrete building technology advice to various stakeholders in order to stimulate a favourable business climate.
- Agoria is the reference for building technology in the construction sector.
- Agoria stimulates mutual cooperation by and between companies and external stakeholders via network moments, sector meetings and information sessions.
- Agoria initiates overarching consultation with other stakeholders concerning building technology in the construction sector.
- The Code of conduct is always complied with as regards competition law and the GDPR in this process.