The aim of the IAP is to support manufacturers with one or more of the steps in their transformation into a Factory of the Future. It does not matter whether your company is currently working on a process with Agoria, Sirris, FlandersFood, etc.
If you are looking to start a change or improvement process, it might be worthwhile to consider working with a team of final-year students in a variety of specialisations, such as Business Engineering, Commercial Sciences, Industrial Engineering, and Environmental and Prevention management.
The students work on assignments set by the companies and provide specific and interdisciplinary recommendations at the end of the project, for possible implementation by the company in question. The teams of three to five final-year students focus on financial and economic feasibility, technology required and the sustainability and safety of the suggested solution.
Young people may bring a new perspective to issues and projects that your employees may not have sufficient time to address. This fresh look could result in an innovative approach and a boost in the steps you intend to take to move towards the future.
"At KU Leuven, students from various disciplines have the unique opportunity to learn in practice that every perspective, just like the vital piece of a jigsaw, can contribute to the success of a host company's project!"
Kris Pattyn, KU Leuven
Agoria and KU Leuven are looking for partner companies willing to submit projects the students can work on, to structure the interdisciplinary projects.
In concrete terms, our expectations for these companies are as follows:
- You submit a project that can be further concretised with the students at the start. One company may submit multiple projects. The feasibility of completing all projects in time (October-December 2021).
- During the project, you will need to provide company information so the students can carry out the project.
- You will be invited to participate in the kick-off in Ghent on 06 October 2021, where you will meet the KU Leuven students and coaches to discuss and start up the project.
- Together with the KU Leuven coaches, you will guide the students through the project.
- You will then be invited to participate in the closing event in Brussels on 22 December 2021, when the students will present their report. You can also find out more about the other projects at the closing event.
- You will be helping with student assessment, in process evaluation throughout the semester, assessment of their project report and judging of presentations on the last day of the project.
Advantages for participating companies:
- Specific aspects of the transformation can be investigated from various perspectives.
- At the end of the project, you will receive a consulting report with fresh recommendations.
- You will have the opportunity to observe potential employees at work.
- You will come into contact with other companies working on similar challenges and with lecturers whose research has made them experts in one or more of the seven transformations.
The students taking part in the corporate projects work in either English or Dutch.
Are you excited about it? Then register your business project right away! You can submit your project via the following link !
Advice - Training policy and support
Are there any training obligations in your sector? What support measures exist if you organise training in your company? What information on training should you include in the social balance sheet? You can contact us with all your practical questions about training and training subsidies.
Tool - Coach-the-Coach Work based learning
Are you investing in workplace learning? Efficient and self-directed learning can be taught. Agoria's Coach-the-Coach Workplace Learning is a digital tool that provides coaches and mentors of employees and pupils or students tools to strengthen their learner's learning process.