Together with our partners its.be and Febiac, Agoria is organizing a workshop on autonomous and connected cars that will take place on Thursday 24th of January, 2019 (starts at 14h00).
This workshop will be held during the Brussels Motor Show 2019 at Brussels Expo. The goal is to give an overview of the current developments in the field of autonomous and connected cars from both technological and legislative point of view and how this technology will impact the mobility landscape.
Different stakeholders will be invited to give their insights on this important evolution and to discuss the main opportunities and roadblocks.
You can combine this workshop with a visit to the 96th Brussels Motor Show and enjoy the display of almost all car and motorcycle companies, showing their latest products and novelties.
Agenda & confirmed speeches
- 14:00 – 14:15 Welcome & Introduction, by Jean-Marc Timmermans, Agoria;
- 14:15 – 14:40 Future of Autonomous vehicles, by Geert Van der Linden, European Commission;
- 14:40 – 15:05 Autonomous vehicles in Belgium and Flanders, by Eric Kenis, MOW Vlaanderen;
- 15:05 – 15:30 How connected cars will free us from traffic jams, by Jan Cools, BeMobile/Proximus;
- 15:30 – 15:50 Break;
- 15:50 – 16:15 Autonomous vehicles, a new paradigm and new challenges, by Philippe Guillaume, IBM;
- 16:15 – 16:40 Enabling autonomous vehicle development, by Jan Leuridan, Siemens;
- 16:40 - 17:05 The way to Integrated Automated Mobility, by Steven Soens, Febiac;
- 17:05 - 17:20 Wrap up and Conclusions, by Peter Van der Perre, its.be;
- 17:20 – 18:00 Networking drink.
Registration is possible via firstname.lastname@example.org (places for the workshop are limited).
Thursday 24 January 2019, 14:00 - 18:00