Stalney Black & Decker - a global company, mostly known for their power tools under the Black & Decker brand - is joining forces with Techstars, the reputed American seed accelerator program. Together they are launching an accelerator program in which they are looking for startups active in AI for Advanced Manufacturing.
Stalney Black & Decker - a global company, mostly known for their power tools under the Black & Decker brand - is joining forces with Techstars, the reputed American seed accelerator program that has branches all over the world and was founded in 2006 in Boulder, Colorado.
Together they are launching an accelerator program in which they are looking for startups active in AI for Advanced Manufacturing.
The technologies of interest are:
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) for factory, supply chain, transportation/logistics, and customers
- Smart sensors/robots/cobots, AR/VR, Industrial IoT that help with data collection and analytics
- AI/ML that enables predictive industrial applications, moving toward prescriptive solutions
- AI that can reduce time-to-market for new product design including: materials optimization, generative design, product simulations, and design for manufacturability.
These topics include:
- Data collection from sensors, IoT, video, robots, cobots, and other sources.
- Data analytics and optimization algorithms moving to artificial intelligence/machine learning and from predictive to prescriptive.
- Applied to the factory floor, supply chain, transport/logistics and customers.
Startups that are selected to join their 3-month accelerator gain $120.000 of funding, mentorship and access to the Techstars network for life.
For the duration of the accelerator, selected startups are expected to relocate a team to Hartford, Connecticut, where it will get a chance to work with technology experts and leadership of Stanley and be part of the vibrant startup community.
May 10, 2020 | Program begins: September 8, 2020
Startups can learn more about the Stanley+Techstars Accelerator focusing on AI in Advanced Manufacturing by registering today for an April 2, 2020 AMA (Ask Me Anything) starting at 2:00 pm Eastern Standard (Boston, USA time zone, 7 PM Brussels time). Bring your questions and speak directly with:
- Laila Partridge, Stanley+Techstars Accelerator MD and serial entrepreneur
- Marty Guay, VP of Business Development at Stanley Black & Decker
Link to the application website: