Smart Railway Solutions
The Smart Railway Solutions group consists of manufacturing companies in the area of rail transports, producing both rolling stock and railway infrastructure. These companies manufacture train, tram and subway carriages and equipment (engines, wheels, carriage interiors, electronic systems, etc.), as well as rails, overhead wires and safety and signalling systems.
- Smart Railway Solutions unites company managers working in the Belgian rail industry and represents them at various organisations (Federal Public Service for Mobility and Transport, European Union Agency for Railways, UNIFE, political instancesetc);
- The group supports the commercial development of the member companies and helps increase their visibility in Belgium and abroad: networking and company visits, introductions to potential customers, (inter)national trade fair participation;
- The group monitors legislation developments and, when needed, provides consultation services on behalf of the rail industry;
- The group organises information sessions and technical visits to expand the knowledge level of its membership.
- The group collaborates with schools to familiarise students with the rail industry and to stimulate technical education relevant to rail transport;
- The group meets regularly to discuss the priorities and needs of the rail industry and any tasks which are to be carried out. Agoria also provides relevant information to members, such as proposed legislation, press releases, technology watch information, political announcements, invitations to tender by the public sector, calls for proposals;
- On certain cross-sectional topics, Smart Railway Solutions collaborates with other Agoria groups and expertise centres, such as the “Transport & Mobility Technology Club" and the “Working Group Smart Mobility.
Next meeting of the Business Group: June 11th, 2020. Please contact Amélie Cardyn to receive the invitation.