Civil Engineering Machinery
The Civil Engineering Machinery group consists of European importers and manufacturers of loaders, hydraulic loaders, excavators, telescopic handlers, forklift trucks, gondolas and cranes and other mobile machinery.
- The group represents the members at a European level at the European association CECE (Committee for European Construction Equipment). They monitor important topics at an international level (position papers and lobbying). Agoria and member companies are active at Board and Technical Board levels of the association and in various project teams relevant to the industry.
- The group monitors European product legislation that could affect the industry, in relation to the environment (environmental noise, diesel motor emissions, decreasing CO2 emission, REACH, RoHS and resource efficiency), safety (machinery, market surveillance, etc.) and future European homologation for Non-Road Mobile Machinery.
- In terms of standardisation Agoria is the sector operator for CEN/TC 151, Construction equipment and building material machines - Safety, and ISO/TC 127, Earth-moving machinery).
- The group monitors trends and new technology developments, such as digitisation, robotisation, AI and cybersecurity.
- The group monitors relevant market developments for member companies (CECE Business Climate Index and CECE Annual Economic Report).
How the internet of things is embracing industry, making products and production smarter The ‘Internet of Things’ sounds like the title of an intriguing film. That was the case until a few years ago when all systems were connected to each other via the internet and a whole new world of applications burgeoned.
Networked Industrial Communication: guaranteed process efficiency These days, it is hard to imagine operating without reliable data flows and seamless communication. The same applies to production processes. Networked industrial communication enables all of a company’s business segments to be integrated, making it a central component of data availability and the Internet of Things.
#CSR: What is the effect of CSR on your company? Ask yourself: What does Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) mean for your company? Decreasing the impact on the environment and climate? Philanthropy? Employer branding? Ensuring employees throughout the company commit to the importance of CSR is one of the main challenges for companies at this time. This text provides insight into the impact of CSR on your company. We will follow up on this with another article on concrete steps you can take to implement CSR.