How is the Belgian plastics industry performing in a circular economy? What are the market trends? How is the uptake of recycled plastics in Belgium? This is what you can discover on the second Belgian Plastics Day, co-organised by Agoria and essenscia PolyMatters.
On top of that, testimonials from the plastic value chain will show you examples of today's solutions for a circular economy. In the afternoon industrial participants have the chance to meet with their customers, suppliers or prospects in a matchmaking session.
- 09:30 - 10:00 Registration and coffee
- 10:00 - 10:30 Socioeconomic importance of the polymer producing and plastics converting sector in Belgium and the uptake of recycled plastics by the Belgian converters. Interview with Saskia Walraedt, director of essenscia PolyMatters and Julie Leroy, Business group leader of Agoria
- 10:30 - 10:40 Ocean Clean Sweep - Report of the Port of Antwerp. Charlotte Delvaux, Plastics Europe Belgium
- 10:40 - 11.10 Polymer Market Trends - Outlook and Sustainable Impact Martin Wiesweg, senior director, IHS Markit
- 11:10 - 11:20 Q&A
- 11:20 - 12:20 Company testimonials
The use of recycled PVC in window profiles by Johan Pauwels, Deceuninck
Chemical recycling of PET and its importance for food contact PET market by David Liu, JBF Europe
Circular economy business models in the plastic converting industry by Benoît Mathelin, Serviplast
Mechanical recycling of plastics , Comet Traitements
- 12:20 - 12:30 Q&A
- 12:30 - 13:00 The Plastic Rehab by Prof Dr Kim Ragaert, UGent
- 13:00 - 15:30 Networking Lunch followed by Matchmaking Event including possibility to join speed dating sessions or 'OCS for plastic converters' workshop
Don't hesitate and subscribe today for this exciting annual event.
Thursday 7 November 2019, 09:30 - 17:00