Imec.istart welcomes high-potential business ideas in the domains of digital technologies and/or nanoelectronics. Selected start-ups get world-class imec.istart coaching and financial resources. The imec.istart acceleration program just launched its open call for tech start-ups with application deadline February 1.
The imec.istart business acceleration program supports entrepreneurs with the early development of their tech start-ups during minimum 12 months. During this period we want to assess the feasibility of a business proof-of-concept, prepare the (commercial) launch of the first product(s) and the establishment of a start-up to drive this commercialization.
What are the benefits for your startup?
The best applicants with highest innovation potential will get access to:
- 12 months of tailored and interactive coaching and workshops
- 50,000 EUR as pre-seed funding and financial road mapping
- Access to imec technology, services and expertise
- Feedbacks from mentors/advisors and potential investors
- Support to find seed funding opportunities
- Housing facilities in multiple cities (Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Hasselt, Leuven, Genk,...)
- Community network of over 160 start-ups
Expected outcomes and impact
At the end of the 12 month during program, participating start-ups should have reached following milestones:
- They should have found their product-market fit (ideally with first paying customers) and be ready to initiate their growth.
- They should have made progress as a team and be ready as an organization to scale up.
- They should be 'investor-ready', i.e. be able to attract additional funding on the private market to fuel their growth