The European Lift Association ELA annually awards a member association for outstanding performance. This comprises both cooperation in the ELA committees and activities and an excellent performance on the national level. Agoria received the ELA award for outstanding performance for 2018.
- contributed largely to the ELA committees and activities.
- is chair of the communication committee and participates in the codes & standards, energy & ecology and the statistical committee.
- coordinated the realisation of an overview of European legislation applicable to lifts, escalators and moving walks.
- realised an information note on conflict minerals and draw the attention to BIM.
- raised awareness that accessibility is more than an accessible lift, it provides an opportunity and a network to promote the installation of lifts.
- has put a digital lift book and a national lift database on the agenda.
- makes a reliable contribution to the ELA market and accident statistics.
On the national level:
Together with Iristech+, the Lift Training Center "Technicity" was founded. The inauguration is foreseen this autumn.
An agreement for dual learning was concluded between the lift companies and the VDAB.
Input was given for the Walloon Specification book "Cahier des charges Technique Ascenseurs".
A clarification of the relation between the fire detection system of the ventilation valve on top of the lift shaft and the building fire detection system was issued.
An objection was issued to the new version of the Brussels GSV (RRU) stating that this document should be aligned with the harmonized lift standards.
The interest of our members was defended in the use of an electronic safety curtain for the modernisation of lifts.
Current lobby is going on to digitalise the lift book and to establish a national lift register.