The Space group consists of companies working on the development, implementation engineering, production, assembly and maintenance of both materials, components, (sub)systems and operating software for satellites and launch systems. This also includes all applications, products and services resulting from satellite data analysis.
- The group monitors European and international policy regarding aviation and aerospace.
- The group meets with the federal government and the representatives at the EU to contribute towards establishing socially responsible and aerospace-friendly regulations.
- The group informs the members regarding regulations, subsidies opportunities and related government activities.
- The group supports the members in their business development by providing relevant market information, organising activities and events aimed at OEMs and the government (both national and international) as customers.
- The group collaborates with education and training organisations to improve the positive image of the aerospace industry and to ensure there are enough people with the technical background required to hire new staff in the future.
- For the above activities, the group collaborates with regional organisations and Belgospace, a non-profit organisation.