The Energy Expertise Centre helps companies to achieve greater energy efficiency, while contributing to the growth of the technology industry.
National Energy and Climate Plan (NECP) of Belgium submitted On 31 December 2019, Belgium submitted the final version National Energy and Climate Plan to the European Commission. This plan describes the measures with which Belgium intends to meet the climate target for 2030. In this article an overview.
The Smart Readiness Indicator (SRI): Is this new policy instrument ready for implementation in the member states? In October 2019 a stakeholder meeting took place to discuss the results of the second study of the European Smart Readiness Indicator (SRI). The studies serve to develop a European proposal for the technical design and implementation of the new policy instrument. The upcoming completion of the second study marks the start of a next phase in which member states must consider if and how they intend to introduce the Smart Readiness Indicator (SRI) into their regulations. This article provides an overview of what has happened so far and recommendations for the next steps.
Ecodesign and energy labelling: ecodesign and energy labelling: what will change with the new lighting regulations? On the 5th of December the new Ecodesign and energy labelling regulations for lighting were published. They include a new definition, a new phase-out of products and an impact on the registration obligation in the Energy labelling database (EPREL).
Belgian Annex to the 'heat load' standard for spaces: Last meeting before official publication as a Belgian standard After a process of almost 2 years, the last (provisional) meeting of the standardization working group of the Belgian Annex on the standard for determining the thermal load for rooms (EN 12831-1) will take place on 10th of December. After this meeting, the text of the Belgian standard will be final and the standard will be submitted for official publication. Below you will find an overview of the final points of discussion.
- Monitoring of price changes on the electricity and gas market. Our experts analyse the market trends and network rates, and establish forecasts. They are also there to help you compare offers and advise you on energy taxes.
- Lobbying to improve the functioning of the energy market, for the benefit of technology companies.
- Stimulating investment in energy production and energy technologies by contributing to the improvement of the investment climate and supporting new market opportunities.
- Assistance in the field of energy efficiency, including through advice on grants and incentives available for energy-saving investments.
- On behalf of the energy-intensive Agoria companies, negotiations on the content and terms of the energy policy agreements (sectoral agreements). The Expertise Centre also drafts proposals in the context of climate plans developed by various authorities.