The Energy Expertise Centre helps companies to achieve greater energy efficiency, while contributing to the growth of the technology industry.
A climate-neutral building stock: Belgian buildings climate neutral by 2050 with societal support One of today's major climate challenges is the transition to a climate-neutral building park by 2050. The necessary technology to achieve this is largely available. The big challenge lies in ensuring this technology applied and that this results in an increased quality of life. To succeed it is essential that both society and the construction sector are able to realise the required renovations and building projects. Agoria therefore started in 2020 a study within the project ‘Climate Neutral Building Park’ with the aim of developing a feasible renovation strategy.
Publication of Agoria study on the possibilities for integration of the hourly method in the EPB methodology Currently the energy performance of a building is determined on a monthly basis in Belgium. The choice for either a monthly or hourly methodology has an impact on the accuracy of the determination of the energy performance of a building. The application of the hourly method offers a possible solution to simplify the integration of innovation in building technology in the EPB.
NBN-Agoria workshop: A successful implementation of the EPB standards requires a common vision On December 3rd, 2019, the Belgian Bureau for Standardisation (NBN) and Agoria brought around 25 experts together with representatives of the three regions to discuss possibilities for the implementation of the EPB standards. Presentations by Ghent University, the Belgian knowledge centre for construction BBRI, the European knowledge centre EPB Center, the Dutch research centre TNO and the European HVAC federation REHVA resulted in a number of lively discussions.
EPB policy framework: an introduction into the measure and the ongoing discussions One of the requirements of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) for Member States is to define minimum requirements for new buildings and major renovations. This measure makes an important contribution to the climate objectives through a reduction of greenhouse gas emissions resulting from the heating and cooling of buildings. Below is an overview of the state of affairs and the latest developments.
- Monitoring of price changes on the electricity and gas market. Our experts analyse the market trends and network rates, and establish forecasts. They are also there to help you compare offers and advise you on energy taxes.
- Lobbying to improve the functioning of the energy market, for the benefit of technology companies.
- Stimulating investment in energy production and energy technologies by contributing to the improvement of the investment climate and supporting new market opportunities.
- Assistance in the field of energy efficiency, including through advice on grants and incentives available for energy-saving investments.
- On behalf of the energy-intensive Agoria companies, negotiations on the content and terms of the energy policy agreements (sectoral agreements). The Expertise Centre also drafts proposals in the context of climate plans developed by various authorities.