The Energy Expertise Centre helps companies to achieve greater energy efficiency, while contributing to the growth of the technology industry.
Renovation and climate: an overview of current policy developments and the public debate The construction sector is one of the important sectors on which the implementation of climate policy in Belgium. The objective is to achieve a nearly zero-energy building stock by 2050. Renovation plays an essential role in achieving this objective as the majority of the stock consists of existing buildings. In this article you will find an overview of the corresponding policy framework and the current social debate.
EPBD standards: What relevant knowledge does the overarching standard for the energy performance of buildings (NBN EN ISO 52000-1) include for the EPB methodology? In the current debate on the reform of the energy performance of buildings methodology (EPB), Agoria is asking for better utilisation of available European knowledge sources, such as the EPBD standards. But what knowledge do these standards actually contain? Below an overview of potential lessons from the standard for the general framework (NBN EN ISO 52000-1).
- Monitoring of price changes on the electricity and gas market. Our experts analyse the market trends and network rates, and establish forecasts. They are also there to help you compare offers and advise you on energy taxes.
- Lobbying to improve the functioning of the energy market, for the benefit of technology companies.
- Stimulating investment in energy production and energy technologies by contributing to the improvement of the investment climate and supporting new market opportunities.
- Assistance in the field of energy efficiency, including through advice on grants and incentives available for energy-saving investments.
- On behalf of the energy-intensive Agoria companies, negotiations on the content and terms of the energy policy agreements (sectoral agreements). The Expertise Centre also drafts proposals in the context of climate plans developed by various authorities.