The Energy Expertise Centre helps companies to achieve greater energy efficiency, while contributing to the growth of the technology industry.
Transposition requirements of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) in Belgium close to finalisation The revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) in 2018 required European member states to implement new measures by the 10th of March, 2020. This included the delivery of an update and elaboration of the long-term renovation strategy. It also contained new requirements on electromobility and technical installations as well as inspection requirements. In Belgium, this transposition of the Directive is the responsibility of the Flemish, Walloon and Brussels-Capital Governments.
Flemish Building Renovation Passport enables sharing of building data with potential buyers and tenants
Energy Labelling Database (EPREL) partially ready for use in product compliance The registration requirement in the Energy labelling database (EPREL) went into force early 2019, despite the fact that the database was not yet entirely complete. Over a year later, the database contains more than 210.000 models and public authorities responsible for product compliance have been granted access. Below a short update on the latest developments.
A climate-neutral building stock: Belgian buildings climate neutral by 2050 with societal support One of today's major climate challenges is the transition to a climate-neutral building park by 2050. The necessary technology to achieve this is largely available. The big challenge lies in ensuring this technology applied and that this results in an increased quality of life. To succeed it is essential that both society and the construction sector are able to realise the required renovations and building projects. Agoria therefore started in 2020 a study within the project ‘Climate Neutral Building Park’ with the aim of developing a feasible renovation strategy.
- Monitoring of price changes on the electricity and gas market. Our experts analyse the market trends and network rates, and establish forecasts. They are also there to help you compare offers and advise you on energy taxes.
- Lobbying to improve the functioning of the energy market, for the benefit of technology companies.
- Stimulating investment in energy production and energy technologies by contributing to the improvement of the investment climate and supporting new market opportunities.
- Assistance in the field of energy efficiency, including through advice on grants and incentives available for energy-saving investments.
- On behalf of the energy-intensive Agoria companies, negotiations on the content and terms of the energy policy agreements (sectoral agreements). The Expertise Centre also drafts proposals in the context of climate plans developed by various authorities.