The Energy Expertise Centre helps companies to achieve greater energy efficiency, while contributing to the growth of the technology industry.
24/10 'CEO Roundtable Sustainability' @ Umicore Hoboken Agoria’s Young Professionals Network would like to invite you to its event: ‘CEOs meet Young PROs on sustainability’. Ever wondered what sustainability can mean for tech companies? Do you doubt whether sustainability can be a real driver for innovation and long-term profits? Come and join us, you will learn how top notch tech companies have integrated sustainability into their business model. Seven key note speakers will pitch their sustainability strategy to a critical public of young professionals. Get inspired!
Help, I can't see the wood in the Energy labelling database (EPREL)! A new Energy labelling database (EPREL) was launched in January of this year by the European Commission. In this database, all products that fall under the energy labelling regulations must be registered. Below you will find an overview of the frequently asked questions.
Ecodesign & energy labelling; follow-up study on building automation started (ENER lot 38) Last July the kick-off of the follow-up to the study 'Building Automation and Control Systems (BACS)' took place. This study is the second part of the exploratory path towards the establishment of Ecodesign and energy labelling regulations for BACS. This article provides an overview of the most important points of discussion.
Help, I can't see the wood in the United Nations' climate objectives! At the end of this year, the 25th Annual Meeting of the UNFCCC (the COP 25) will take place. The UNFCCC is a global cooperation agreement between countries drawn up under the responsibility of the United Nations (UN). Below the answers to a number of frequently asked questions.
Renovation and climate: an overview of current policy developments and the public debate The construction sector is one of the important sectors on which the implementation of climate policy in Belgium. The objective is to achieve a nearly zero-energy building stock by 2050. Renovation plays an essential role in achieving this objective as the majority of the stock consists of existing buildings. In this article you will find an overview of the corresponding policy framework and the current social debate.
- Monitoring of price changes on the electricity and gas market. Our experts analyse the market trends and network rates, and establish forecasts. They are also there to help you compare offers and advise you on energy taxes.
- Lobbying to improve the functioning of the energy market, for the benefit of technology companies.
- Stimulating investment in energy production and energy technologies by contributing to the improvement of the investment climate and supporting new market opportunities.
- Assistance in the field of energy efficiency, including through advice on grants and incentives available for energy-saving investments.
- On behalf of the energy-intensive Agoria companies, negotiations on the content and terms of the energy policy agreements (sectoral agreements). The Expertise Centre also drafts proposals in the context of climate plans developed by various authorities.